Cellulitis is a common painful bacterial infection that usually affects the skin beneath the feet. However, in some cases it may be in the face, arms or other parts of the body. In this case, the skin becomes red, swollen and quite painful to the touch due to bacterial infections. Cellulitis usually develops on the surface of the skin, and the infection spreads to the lymph nodes and bloodstream.
|Cellulitis Causes Symptoms Treatment and Prevention|
Causes of cellulitis
Cellulitis occurs when certain types of bacteria, such as Staphylococcus and Streptococcus, are exposed to the skin through a cut, tear or surgical wound. Animal bites can also cause cellulitis.
Types of cellulitis
- Breast Cellulitis – This is a complication that can develop after breast cancer radiation therapy.
- Periorbital Cellulitis – This type of cellulitis develops around the eye.
- Facial Cellulitis – Facial cellulitis develops around the nose, cheeks and eyes.
- Perianal cellulitis – It is infected with the anus.
- Swelling and redness of the skin
- Feeling of soft feeling and pain
- Heat in the affected area
- Cold sweat
- Muscle pain
- Muscle aches wounds
- Avoid insect bites, teething to prevent infection.
- Keep the skin moisturized to prevent cracks in the skin.
- Maintain a healthy weight.
- Avoid smoking and limit alcohol intake.